Qubein Children’s Museum Named NC Attraction of the Year
The Nido & Mariana Qubein Children’s Museum is designed to provide children of all ages a place to play with experiential, interactive learning.
The $30 million museum includes over 75,000 square feet of indoor activity space on two floors for children and families, plus over 4 acres of outdoor activities. There are nearly two dozen hands-on, educational exhibits, designed to teach and inspire children as they play.
As an experiential design build agency located in High Point, NC, Holt was chosen to fabricate and install many parts of the Qubein Children’s Museum, including dimensional elements, large format graphics, and digital programming of interactive elements. Our work included:
- The admissions desk and main donor wall
- The elevator donor and wayfinding kiosk that holds a time capsule sealed the opening night’s ceremony, to be opened in 2047.
- The glass elevator info graphics
- The LED elevator columns – two 35-foot-tall columns, backlit by color-changing LED tape light
- A High Point train table – a 22-foot-long by 16-foot-wide illustrative map table, featuring High Point’s more recognizable buildings, and a series of tunnels and “gopher holes” that allow children to pop up into the center of the map to play
- Two custom train benches
- The Grand Stairwell graphics – colorful stair riser graphics that display words like Faith, Courage, Family, Kindness, Joy, Generosity, Imagine, Learn, Explore, and Service
- A Nation’s Table Exhibit – a 10-foot round exhibit that relays information about 7 of the world’s countries and a display case showcasing airline models from the world’s airlines
- All the Café + Gift Shop cabinetry, counters, retail fixtures, and graphics
- A play room that contains a Hatteras-style lighthouse, a shrimp boat, a puppet theater, a sign language learning area, suspended clouds, and a projection floor gaming area that promotes play and gross motor skills
- An arcade that contains a dance floor with stage truss, show lighting, and a Bluetooth soundbar so older siblings can create TikTok videos, an iPad bar, and a floor piano like the movie “Big”
- Wayfinding and exhibit/donor ID signage
The Qubein Children’s Museum has been a huge success. In its first year, the museum was named North Carolina’s Visitor Attraction of the Year by the NC Tourism Industry Association.
“Holt Experiential was a great team to work with,” said Megan Ward, Executive Director, Qubein Children’s Museum. “They worked well with our GCs, worked well with our design team, and really helped us bring this dream to fruition.”
Qubein Children’s Museum